Search This Blog

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Panama Canal Cruise — September 26, 2010 – Day Three

After a good night’s sleep I awoke around 7:00 a.m. as we were approaching Cabo San Lucas. When I went out to the balcony the weather was much warmer and a lot more humid. It was 91 degrees with 90% humidity, not a very good place to do much walking.

Cabo San Lucas’ shoreline is lined with condos and apartments. As there is no dock the ship dropped anchor about a quarter mile from shore and the passengers who were going into Cabo had to so via tender.

There were people plying the shore in jet skies and parasailing. By the looks of the crowd in the Windjammer quite a few passengers opted for a shore excursion to Cabo, we did not.

After a late breakfast we went to the pool for a few hours. The one thing I do not like with the pool is that it is salt water, egh! They say you have more buoyancy in salt water, but I don’t like to get it in my eyes. And, yes I left my water goggles at home.

I walked the red mile and took a few photos of shipboard scenes and the coast at Cabo San Lucas. The red mile is a colored walkway on deck 12 and if you make 6 circuits you have walked a mile. I made three.

The rest of the day was a lazy lay about day where I did not do much. I did, however, watch the Rams beat the Redskins on the internet. That was quite a surprise. There was Sunday Night Football via ESPN satellite and saw a little of the Jets-Dolphins game.Other than that we did not do much.

Tomorrow is another at sea day and then we get serious with the shore excursions beginning with the cliff divers at Acapulco. That is something I am looking forward to seeking. That’s why I carted my 300mm lens with me.

Click here to view an updated version of my Panama Canal Gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment