"Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices."— Voltaire
This morning I received an e-mail from Eugene Delgaudio of the Public Advocate for the United States. Their web site states:
“Since its founding in 1981, Public Advocate has grown into a dedicated group of young conservatives in Washington, D.C., with a network of volunteers and supporters nationwide. Our continuous growth over the years is due to the fact that we have never wavered from our firm conviction that political decisions should begin and end with the best interests of American families and communities in mind.”
The subject of this particular e-mail was “Congress to mandate pro-homosexual education” and stated that:
“The Radical Homosexuals infiltrating the United States Congress have a plan to indoctrinate an entire generation of American children with pro-homosexual propaganda and eliminate traditional values from American society.”
“Their ultimate dream is to create a new America based on sexual promiscuity in which the values you and I cherish are long forgotten.”
“I hate to admit it, but if they pass the deceptively named “Student Non-Discrimination Act,” (H.R. 998 & S. 555) that’s exactly what they’ll do.”
“Better named the “Homosexual Classrooms Act,” its chief advocate in Congress is Rep. Jared Polis, himself an open homosexual and radical activist.”
“And it's dangerously close to becoming the law of the land.”
In checking with Govtrack.us I found both bills. Here is the official U.S. Government summary of H.R. 998:
“Student Non-Discrimination Act of 2011 - Prohibits public school students from being excluded from participating in, or subject to discrimination under, any federally-assisted educational program on the basis of their actual or perceived sexual orientation or gender identity or that of their associates. Considers harassment to be a form of discrimination. Prohibits retaliation against anyone for opposing conduct they reasonably believe to be unlawful under this Act. Authorizes federal departments and agencies to enforce these prohibitions by cutting off the educational assistance of recipients found to be violating them. Allows an aggrieved individual to assert a violation of this Act in a judicial proceeding and recover reasonable attorney's fees should they prevail. Deems a state's receipt of federal educational assistance for a program to constitute a waiver of sovereign immunity for conduct prohibited under this Act regarding such program.”
Findings - The Congress finds the following:
(1) Public school students who are lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender (LGBT), or are perceived to be LGBT, or who associate with LGBT people, have been and are subjected to pervasive discrimination, including harassment, bullying, intimidation and violence, and have been deprived of equal educational opportunities, in schools in every part of our Nation.
(2) While discrimination, including harassment, bullying, intimidation and violence, of any kind is harmful to students and to our education system, actions that target students based on sexual orientation or gender identity represent a distinct and especially severe problem.
(3) Numerous social science studies demonstrate that discrimination, including harassment, bullying, intimidation and violence, at school has contributed to high rates of absenteeism, dropout, adverse health consequences, and academic underachievement among LGBT youth.
(4) When left unchecked, discrimination, including harassment, bullying, intimidation and violence, in schools based on sexual orientation or gender identity can lead, and has lead to, life-threatening violence and to suicide.
(5) Public school students enjoy a variety of constitutional rights, including rights to equal protection, privacy, and free expression, which are infringed when school officials engage in discriminatory treatment or are indifferent to discrimination, including harassment, bullying, intimidation and violence, on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
(6) While Federal statutory protections expressly address discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, disability, and national origin, Federal civil rights statutes do not expressly include ‘sexual orientation’ or ‘gender identity’. As a result, students and parents have often had limited legal recourse to redress for discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
Purposes - The purposes of this Act are:
(1) to ensure that all students have access to public education in a safe environment free from discrimination, including harassment, bullying, intimidation and violence, on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity;
(2) to provide a comprehensive Federal prohibition of discrimination in public schools based on actual or perceived sexual orientation or gender identity;
(3) to provide meaningful and effective remedies for discrimination in public schools based on actual or perceived sexual orientation or gender identity;
(4) to invoke congressional powers, including but not limited to the power to enforce the 14th Amendment to the Constitution and to provide for the general welfare pursuant to section 8 of article I of the Constitution and the power to enact all laws necessary and proper for the execution of the foregoing powers pursuant to section 8 of article I of the Constitution, in order to prohibit discrimination in public schools on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity; and
(5) to allow the Department of Education to effectively combat discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender identity in public schools through regulation and enforcement, as the Department has issued regulations under and enforced title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and other nondiscrimination laws in a manner that effectively addresses discrimination.
Senate Bill 555 reads exactly the same.
H.R. 998 has been introduced by Rep. Jared Polis [D-CO2] and has 130 co-sponsors including such luminaries of the left as; Rep Ackerman, Rep. Baca, Rep Frank of Massachusetts, Rep. Gutierrez, Rep. Jackson Lee, Rep Kucinich, Rep. Linda Sanchez, Rep Pete Stark, Rep. Wasserman Schultz, Rep. Waxman, and Rep. Weiner — all Democrats. No Republicans have signed as of this date.
Senate Bill 555 was introduced by senator al Franken and includes 31 co-sponsors including; Barbara Boxer, Dick Durbin, Diane Feinstein, Patrick Leahy, Patty Murray and Bernie Sanders — all Democrats. No Republicans have signed on as of this date.
This one paragraph is the most chilling part of this proposed legislation:
To allow the Department of Education to effectively combat discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender identity in public schools through regulation and enforcement, as the Department has issued regulations under and enforced title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and other nondiscrimination laws in a manner that effectively addresses discrimination.
This Homosexual Classrooms Act contains a laundry list of anti-family provisions that will:
- Require schools to teach appalling homosexual acts so “homosexual students” don’t feel “singled out” during already explicit sex-ed classes;
- Spin impressionable students in a whirlwind of sexual confusion and misinformation, even peer pressure to “experiment” with the homosexual “lifestyle;”
- Exempt homosexual students from punishment for propositioning, harassing, or even sexually assaulting their classmates, as part of their specially-protected right to “freedom of self-expression;”
- Force private and even religious schools to teach a pro-homosexual curriculum and purge any reference to religion if a student claims it creates a “hostile learning environment” for homosexual students.
And that’s just the beginning of the Homosexual Lobby’s radical agenda.
The Homosexual Classrooms Act will turn America’s schools into indoctrination centers and its classrooms into social laboratories -- and they’re pulling out all the stops to pass it.
They’ve disguised the bill’s wicked purpose behind an innocent name: “The Student Non-Discrimination Act.”
Unfortunately, this agenda is nothing new.
In fact, other countries like Britain are already experimenting with this kind of legislation, such as mandating public schools inject pro-homosexual content into every aspect of education.
Word problems in math classes are now to include homosexual characters. History classes will document the “civil rights” struggle against the “oppressive” pro-family establishment.
And it’s even started to infiltrate our state governments.
In California, lawmakers want to “require schools to portray lesbians, homosexuals, transsexuals as positive role models and heroes to children in all public schools.”
Many say that there will always be private schools and traditional homeschool families to teach traditional values to the next generation.
But the truth is, this radical agenda is NOT restricted to public schools.
Kevin Jennings, Obama’s “Safe Schools Czar,” has clearly stated that “every school, public, private or parochial has an obligation” to teach a pro-homosexual curriculum. Can’t you see the nuns at St. Francis teacher her second graders about the lesbian life style. What will happen if they refuse due to their religious beliefs? Will they be fined or jailed? Will the IRS close down the school and remove their tax exempt status?
In fact, Jennings denounced school choice programs as “very dangerous” because they make it much harder to impose the Homosexual Agenda on our kids.
Jennings' ultimate goal is for all curriculum in “kindergarten, and first grade, and second grade – every grade” be infused with a pro-homosexual slant.
Traditional values will be squashed and demonized as old fashioned or out of date, or even as bigotry.
This is just another attempt by the crazies on the left to corrupt our culture and values with their social agenda and their homage to the special interests on “K’ Street. The once great Democrat Party of Franklin Roosevelt and Harry Truman has become a polyglot party of special interest groups of blacks, Hispanics, homosexuals, abortionists, open borders and social justice prostitutes willing to sell out the nation for a the votes to keep them in power.